Sunday, July 6, 2014

Blog Post 11

I found this video not only to be inspirational and motivating but innovative. Dean Shareski narriates and interviews three teachers who taught History, English, and Information Technology that came together and went to the administration to combine their classes and used Project Based Learning to teach the students. Research has shown when using PBL it increases student engagement and creates a better understanding of the topic. They used technology to enhance the student's learning experience to help them bring the content alive. Once they changed the schedules and had the combined class approved and with three credits it allotted more time for both the teachers and students which allowed them to have a greater quality of learning. I personally feel this is an amazing idea. The group I am in in EDM310 wanted to do a similar structure when we created our first PBL. I believe this is something I would like to try sometime in my teaching career.

3 comments:

  1. The driving question: "What can we learn about teaching and learning from these teachers?" There were 6 assignments. You did only one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this was my favorite video as well. It was so neat to see how teachers from different subjects could come together to create on giant PBL-based class. The use of technology and the collaboration of the three teachers definitely created and environment that the students seemed to really enjoy and get a lot out of. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like that they use technology to enhance the student's learning experience. Good post on this video.

    ReplyDelete