Sunday, July 13, 2014

Blog Post 13

I am a Secondary Education major specializing in Social Sciences. If I could suggest a Blog Post relative to my area of study it would be to explain why the student chose their major and what part do they find most intriguing?

I chose to become a Secondary Education major specializing in Social Sciences because I have been incredibly blessed to have phenomenal history teachers my entire life. History has always come easy for me due to my intrigue to learn about the past and different cultures. In high school, I had two particular teachers who have made some of the greatest influences in my life. One taught me three different courses and I loved how he always found a way to relate the subject to something modern that students could understand. My favorite class he taught was Law and Society. He gave me the fundamental tools to draw my own opinions and that my views matter. The second teacher taught me English. She is a strong woman who knew how to get everyone's attention on the subject and to keep their interest. She taught me so much more than the English language she taught me about life. When I think about the impact these teachers have made on my life it makes me long to have the same positive influence on others. Whenever I have big life decisions to this day I can always count on them and as a young person having people who are in your corner always brings up your confidence.

The part of history I find most intriguing is English history when King Henry VIII ruled England. The decision to leave the Catholic church because of another woman is mind blowing. His rule and decisions were constantly undermined by his love life. The turmoil in Europe during the 1400 and 1500s is a fascinating part of history. Even after his death, you can see the effects of King Henry III and his decisions had on his children as well as other parts of the world. I also enjoy learning about the Holocaust and I hope to one day share my love of these topics with students.

history

1 comment:

  1. " Even after his death, you can see the effects of King Henry III... " Do you mean King Henry VIII? I think so. You should correct it in your blog if so.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete