Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Blog Post 14 & 15

Over the duration of this course, I have learned many new tools that I am excited for my own personal use as well as to enhance the educational experience of the students I have the opportunity to teach. I believe I have gained so much knowledge as far as new forms of technology that can be implemented into the classroom. I have become very fond of the SMARTBoard imparticular. I have also gained one of the greatest tools any has given me, time-management. I have also come to realize time-management is one of my weaknesses. I now know that I willingly overload myself all too often. The new skills I have been given will be a great attributes to me as a educator and knowing my weaknesses will only help me improve them as well. The videos we were assigned to watch in this blog assignment opened my eyes to even more knowledge I can use in my future.

smartboard

In How to make an audio QR Code, we learn an easy way to make an audio QR Code. The video shows how this particular code is for an audio file a teacher created for her student's parents to access. She first recorded the file using Record Mp3. Next, she uploaded it to QR Code Monkey and generated the final product.

In the video, iPad Reading Center, the teacher shows how she incorporates iPad use in her class. She has found the iPad as a great tool when helping her students with their reading skills. One way she had found success in her reading center is by having the students record themselves reading and watch the video to hear errors they made and make the proper corrections to improve their skill.

The next clip, Poplet with Ginger Tuck, Ms. Tuck and her class show how Poplet is a fantastic application that is compatible with the Apple iPad. Students can add useful information such as pictures and text to create a wonderful visual aid to advance the reading techniques.

ipad

AVL and kindergarten Students,This video shows a teacher demonstrating how to access the Alabama Virtual Library on the iPad. She has her students search words from a list using the class iPad. She ask them to draw a picture showing what they learned as well as writing a sentence that correlates with the information they researched.

No comments:

Post a Comment