Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Blog Post 5

What is a PLN you may ask? A PLN is a Personal Learning Network that consist of a set of people and tools that someone can call upon for help, consultation, collaboration, or other assistance. PLNs can be extremely resourceful particularly for teachers. This group of people you can access anytime, anywhere at the wonderful price of FREE! When you are creating your PLN list it is best to look for individuals and resources that are diverse and credible that share similar interest as you. The goal is to find people and sites that can further your knowledge on a variety of topics.

Social media is going to be the best resource for most people when creating their list. I plan to use my Twitter and Facebook accounts to start adding people to my list. The first people I will add will have to be some of my former History teachers, both college and high school. I have been very blessed throughout my education to have wonderful instructors such as Dr. Erin Cage, Mona Lisa Blackburn, Brandon Rice, Jeremy Williams, and Doris Fincher Gladen. I would also add my group members from my EDM310 course. They have been an incredible group of women who have been a driving force for me in my class. Another important individual that is a necessity to have would be Dr. Strange. He has the most knowledge and resources to help make my list a true success.

writing

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah! I think two of the most important things to look for when creating your PLN is that you can learn from either the people or tools, and that they are credible sources. I would also look to my former teachers as well as Dr, Strange. I feel like I have learned so much in the short time we have been in this class. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. But don't forget that each blog post requires working links!

    ReplyDelete