Monday, June 9, 2014

Project 15

names

1. Dogpile This is one of the original search engines. It was one of the used until Google came and monopolized the industry. Most of the results typically came from other search engines such as Google and Yahoo. Anyone can ask any type of questions. I personally would rather go straight to the source and use Google.

2. DuckDuckGo: This is a great search engine that gives their users optimum privacy settings. The site prides themselves of being the best at keeping the privacy, which is not an option for most other search engines. I think having the option of higher privacy levels are very appealing and I will consider using this site in the future.

3. Priceline: Best use is for travel and booking hotels, flights, and vacation trips. I thought the site was easy to navigate and user friendly. This search engine could be a great option for me and my family.

4. Ask.com: This search engine's been the best at promoting you it to find the answers to the users questions. Users are able to ask any question they would like to know. I personally felt that some of the sites that Ask.com would give to answer your questions were not as reliable.

5.Bing : Bing was designed by Microsoft and has many similarities to Google. Like most search engines Bing gives you the option to ask any question your heart may desire. I use the Bing search engine second only to Google. I do like that it has less ads than almost all other sites.

6. WebMD: WebMD is a medical database that allows people to research any health related issue. It allows users to read credible articles about their symptoms, diseases, and even offers options to help diagnosis a possible illness. I think there are both pros and cons to this site. From a healthcare stand point it allows people to create illnesses and creates problems for healthcare workers when patients come in believing they have a certain diagnosis. I do feel it can help educate people and do so in a way an average person can understand.

7. MapQuest: One of the best search engines that can be used for traveling and calculating distances of two locations. I love this search engine. My personal experiences using the site have all been good. Anyone can use this to help them get just about anywhere.

8. Wolfram Alpha: The search engine is best used to help with mathematical questions. Anyone can use this site to help. I wished I would have known about this site sooner in life. I absolutely detest math and this could have saved me a lot of stress.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you about WebMD! I have the website app on my phone and so I always put my symptoms in to see what it says is wrong with me. Most of the time it tells me that I have some serious illness but I really only have something small, like a cold. I see how it is useful but I think it causes people to freak out over nothing!

    ReplyDelete