Sunday, June 29, 2014

Why do we learn history?

The question why do we learn history is a question I plan to hear throughout my teaching career. I have never asked that question because it is by far my favorite subject. I was always the odd ball who loved watching the history channel. I have always been intrigued by the past and the different cultures. My younger brother on the other hand hates history, all forms of history. He will be in seventh grade this upcoming school year so naturally the first person I called to ask this question is him. He said, "We have to learn history so we can learn from the past to make our future better." Although he is very bright and his answer is the same as I gave when Dr. Strange first asked our class, he still thinks it is boring and not fun. I firmly believe that history is one of the most important subjects taught in our school system. If you do not know the what happened in past you are unable to understand what led to your present and what will ultimately become your future.

Sign past and future

No comments:

Post a Comment