Sunday, June 22, 2014

C4Tp #4 Post

Copyright Flowchart: Can I Use It? Yes? No? If This... Then...

Ms. Tolisano discusses in her blog, on June 10, 2014, about the responsibility of educators to teach students about copyright, plagiarism, and intellectual properties. She talks about how many educators did not grow up in with modern technology students have today, such as easy internet access. She states, "The waters are murky, it is not an easy topic. While there are some clear cut rules about copyrighted material, Creative Commons and Public Domain content, Fair Use in Education are supported by GUIDELINES, not clear cut rules!" She discusses how other organizations have began creating better policies to help other teachers. Ms. Tolisano and the school library coordinator worked together to create flow charts to help other teachers be better equipped. I think together they have created something great that I know I will use in my classroom. I also feel the charts they put together will be very helpful for students too.

charts

No comments:

Post a Comment