Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Blog Post 7

Once I began the task of finding new learning and communication tools I can one day share with my students. I am wanting to become a high school History teacher, but I know many students do not enjoy history so I need to find innovative ways to bring the subject to life.

logo

Socrative -Socrative is a way for both the students and teacher can interact on their computers, tablets, and smart phones. The site uses interactive games and exercises. What is great about this site is that it allows the teacher to track the progress and view their grades.

Another great resource for teachers is Quizlet. What I found interesting about Quizlet is that it allows the teacher to create personalized study tools, such as flashcards, to help the student learn the information. The site also aids teachers in creating study guides. I feel that I could use this site to support the many other methods.

logo

Pinterest -This is one of my all time favorite site! It gives everyone access to a broad range of ideas, from recipes, decorating, to lesson plans. I am an active Pinterest user and I have started working on a board that I feel will help me inspire my students and make History exciting and intriguing. It gives me ideas on how to decorate my classroom that will stimulate the student's minds. Anyone can access this site and I would like my students to become active pinners and look up new pins that would relate to the topic being discussed.

I have a new, exciting outlook and I can't wait to start looking up more sites that will help me help others in their educational journey.

4 comments:

  1. Hannah,
    I used Quizlet in high school. It can be a great way to review for tests, quizzes, and exams. Also, I never thought of using Pinterest as a way to help in the classroom. If you saw my apartment you can defiantly tell I've had my fare share of Pinterest crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Pinterest! Several links are connected to fabulous blogs of "veteran" teachers. It was a must when I was teaching this past school year and had no idea what I was doing. Socrative is something I haven't heard of before, but I'm going to check into it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah, I like the Quizlet website. This is a great tool for students and teachers to measure content and create study aids. Flashcards is a terrific visual aid for students. I will definitely use Quizlet in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Once I began the task of finding new learning and communication tools I can one day share with my students." This is an incomplete thought.

    The tools you shared are all good. Some other great resources would be tools that can be useful to use in PBLs.

    ReplyDelete